Monday, July 27, 2009

The Free Wedding 2009

The Free Wedding photos from Our Labor of Love are here! I can't say enough about working with all of these talented people! A special thanks to Matt for being patient with me and taking the beautiful shots below of our stationery.
Letterpress Invitation and Info Card:
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The invitation was a box that contained the invitation and info card wrapped in glassine paper, tied with baker's twine and secured with a penguin sticker. There was also a screenprinted stuffed keepsake that doubled as a kindly wedding date reminder.
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
Confetti Packets:
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
Circles upon circles of confetti punched with love by Brett, Emily, Jesse, Whitney, Gillian, Gracyn, and Dusty:
The Free Wedding 2009
Food tents:
The Free Wedding 2009
Cupcake flavor labels:
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
For the past year, I've been making fabric flowers for no reason other than just to get away from the computer and make something. Tons of flowers have been sitting in our kitchen, on the floor, in shelves, and tucked into corners of the bedroom. Finally, we were able to take all these flowers and give them a purpose:
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
The Free Wedding 2009
And one of the coolest things for me... the couple received tattoos from Only You Tattoo based on the invitation design:
The Free Wedding 2009
My favorite photo from the day:
The Free Wedding 2009
Thank you Jesse and Whitney for asking Dusty and I to be apart of this incredible event. Check out all of the photos over at Once Wed.

11 comments:

  1. I was at Sun in My Belly for lunch this past Sunday and couldn't stop gushing over all the fabric flowers. In fact, I said to my friends that the decor would be perfect for a wedding (I had no idea about the Free Wedding!). When I saw all the posts on Once Wed and put 2 + 2 together, I made my way here to your blog. Anyhow, just wanted to say that your fabric flowers were the highlight of my weekend and you've totally inspired me with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper goods and invites for this wedding are genius! i HAVE to comment on the flowers as well!

    Do you have any basic instructions on how you made these flowers? The ones I've seen before have never been quite so full! It would be much appreciated

    Thanks and job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, All I can say is WOW. What talent!!!

    I'd also love to know how to make these flowers.

    Sheryl Wood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your handwritting style, I'm a fan !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for your sweet words! We're hoping to have a DIY tutorial soon. In the meantime, we've been taking custom orders, so email me if you'd like to order some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how adorable, how exquisite! I love the color palette, the theme, all the little details.Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh goodness i adore this whole sunshine of goodness. am in love with all things handmade and cursive and happy. beautiful work. can't wait to read more..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you are about!!! Will you mary me????

    ReplyDelete